Thursday, December 28, 2006

The Curse

Although this can have many connotations, I am talking about the curse of seeing people from long ago. As many have heard my complain about, I have the amazing ability to run into people from high school with alarmingly frequency when I am out and about in the Eastside area. Its not that I don't want to see anyone I used to know, its just that I only see people I barely knew, don't have anything to say to, and worst of all, I don't know if I should say hello! For a socially awkward, reclusive type like myself this is painful and potentially embarrassing. But as all of you devoted readers should remember, I have been burned by trying to break out of my shy shell and say hello. That was a massive mistake when I made it. Don't worry, I am just chalking it up to the person and the time.

But now, it seems, the curse is spreading to those I know and love. My sister has come down with the curse this holiday season. And not just seeing lots of different people all of the time like her big sis, but the same person all of the time. As she would say, "awkward!". I am rather enjoying the whole experience because 1. I actually know who the person is and can appreciate the experience and awkwardness, and 2. I get to pull out our old nickname for him and call him "big teeth" all over again. I just crack myself up everytime I say it.

Watch out, the curse may be spreading to you too!

No comments: