Sunday, February 04, 2007

I Fell Down Alice's Hole

But, I don't think I ended up in Wonderland. I think I landed in a big pile of schoolwork and studying. So now, following the example of good ol' punxsutawney phil, I am peeping out for a night. Of course there is the looming exam and several days of prep, but my brain needs a break from the crazy things I have seen. So I am sitting here with a chick flick on the screen playing red dot with my cat. *Translation: a laser pointer. It is undoubtedly her favorite game and she even talks to the red dot. It is a weird alternate language full of gluttal squeaks but she gets very into the game. And then every time I take away the red dot because my finger is exhausted, she will give me a dirty look and stalk off. But not tonight, a few seconds after I put the laser pointer down, she jumped up on to the cabinet it was on and knocked it back down. Apparently she wasn't done with the game.

But that is how I am spending a rare night of mental down time. Playing red dot with a cat. Jeez. I am going to go redeem myself slightly with my cross-stitch project. At least that is productive.

I will see you all in 5.5 weeks when I will pop out of my hole again. Spring break never sounded so good.

No comments: