Friday, November 24, 2006

Things I Learned in High School Spanish Class

Surprisingly, it wasn't Spanish (many of you can attest to that!). But I did come away with a few gems that are still relevant.

1. I know what a gerand is. If you didn't know, it is a word that ends with -ing. Its not the most useful thing to have at your fingertips on a daily basis, but it does make me feel quite a bit smarter than I did before I knew it. Plus, I can say dorky esoteric phrases like "Interesting use of a gerand there..." and laugh uproariously while every one is silent.

2. Penultimate. It means the next to last. This was the subject of several hour long tangental rants, but when some one used it in class the other day, I thought back to Senora and had a happy reminder of those days where we could just goof off for an hour.

3. Oh there was another one, but in my post thanksgiving, sluggish, sleeping mood and I need to go to sleep.

(Sorry for the delay in posts, its the holidays, family, lots of activities...etc)

No comments: